Saturday, December 29, 2007

Viva la RED ROCKS

I think it has been snowing ever since the 24th. The powder is even building up at Kelly's Canyon. We went there when they had 18 inches of new snow!
Plans are well underway for our vacation to Red Rocks. Right now it is Keith, me, Jo, Kori, Mary, and maybe Angela and Brian that should all be there. YAY! A reunion! I stumbled upon some round trip flights to Vegas from Idaho Falls for only $50, so I changed my arrival date to Jan 2nd (to get the rate). So I will arrive at 12:10 on the 2nd and leave the morning of the 7th. If y'all can stay that long, we are planning on camping the night of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in Red Rocks.
I forgot to talk about my Christmas: It was a pretty chill and fun couple days with the family. On Christmas eve, we went over to Blaine's house and had a big dinner and, since it was snowing so hard, decided to have a surprise sleepover at his house. On Christmas morning, everyone slept in pretty late and we didn't even get things going till around noon. I was totally blown away with my main present: a super nice Sony mini-DVD camcorder! I guess all of my sisters and my parents all chipped in and bought it for me! That explains why nobody even ASKED me what I wanted this year...... I was a little concerned about that........

3 comments:

Mary Grace said...

HOORAY!!! i will totally be there for red rocks!! (but, i may have to leave early....i start work the 8th and i think i need to get some things ready...)

Angela said...

Hey-- b and I fly in to Vegas on the 31st of Dec. and we were going to rent a raft with his dad and float that section of river below the dam. We were planning on backpacking in the grand canyon after that. . . but now that all of ya'll will be at red rocks things might change-- so cool!

William Cobb said...

I think I will see u there this weekend buddy...