Friday, February 15, 2008

Nonconforming to Nonconformity

I have learned to run against the grain;
or across, or with.
I'm not in a single file line
with friends in front,
some in back.
I'm creating my own path
Robert Frost took the path less travelled.
I'm not taking a path at all.
Plowing through the weeds and rocks
I am taking the path
that I created for myself
I make the son my light
then let my shoes be guided by
passion, priority, priesthood
As I am paving the definition
of who I am,
I know my path is not always right.
But as I climb to the summit,
if I follow the son,
I know I will eventually reach the top.
I will make the journey an adventure.
I will make it my OWN journey
and I will not look down.

4 comments:

William Cobb said...

nice poem!

Mary Grace said...

did you write that? pretty good little fella!
by the way- that last post about obama was good, but, i a little on the long side. thanks for the info though, thats where i need help- politics....

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Hi Sven! I forgot you had a blog. Glad to see you're still wearing fake mustaches.
thekillerkollers.blogspot.com

Tiffani said...

Aww. You little poet. I never knew you were so deep. Best of luck with your kisses with Jo.